This Who Lost More? lesson plan also includes:
You can't lose with a lesson like this! Combining data from a popular weight loss show with problem-solving strategies, the activity focuses on calculating percent decrease. Scholars work together to develop a calculation method before they work with other groups to determine which works best.
- Have groups create a graph of the weight loss results of one contestant throughout a season
- Use the reflection questions in the Teacher's Guide to assess learning
- The activity requires you to show an episode of The Biggest Loser as an opener, so be sure to locate this and preview it ahead of time
- The use of weight loss data is very relatable for pupils in the age group
- Encourages using multiple approaches to problem-solving and evaluating results