This Who Do You Trust When Your Life Is at Stake? unit also includes:
Gabriel and Aluel fled their village, which was under attack. Now they must make a series of decisions to survive: Who should they trust? Where should they go? Scholars consider their options and apply them to the larger problems facing refugees using a lesson plan that includes role-play, discussion, and writing exercises.
- Use worksheets and case study to analyze the decisions refugees make to survive
- Second installment of a six-part series
- Images of violence may make some students uncomfortable
- Scenarios are relatable to middle schoolers
- Activities allow for learner-led discussion