When in drought, plant a tree! A creative video lesson explains how trees of the rainforest create rain as a byproduct of photosynthesis. Without trees, the rainforests would not exist which is a real problem in regions where logging clears large areas of these remarkable plants.
- Create a rainfall map of a forest region compared to a desert region using recent data
- Have pupils write a summary of the video after viewing
- Expects a basic understanding of photosynthesis
- Images add interest and clarity to the concepts
- Includes subtitles in several languages as well as an auto-translate feature to assist ELLs