This Where Is Home? unit also includes:
Gabriel and Aluel have finally made it to an international refugee camp. However, Aluel is not allowed to attend school. Pupils examine why and argue for her right to an education using documents from international law. Then, they make their best case for equal education during trying circumstances.
- Use a role-play exercise to prepare students for a persuasive writing assignment on why girls should receive an education in refugee camps
- Resource is third in the six-part series of lessons
- Some images and descriptions depict violence
- Includes interdisciplinary plans in science and math to allow for team integration
- Role play and case study approach are gripping and relatable to young scholars