This What Is the Value? assessment also includes:
Put function notation in reverse. Class members show their knowledge of function notation in the short assessment. Given a function table, pupils find the input value for a specific output value provided in function notation and explain how they know the value is correct.
- Provide opportunities for class members to work with function notation by using a characteristic that would identify each member in the class, for example S(blue eyes) = John
- The class should be able to recognize independent and dependent values in a function
- Assumes individuals are familiar with function notation
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions
- Provides instructional suggestions for remediation