This What is Bullying? lesson plan also includes:
Bullying has no chance if people stand up for those being bullied. Eighth graders learn the difference between being an upstander and being a bystander, and discuss a selection of scenarios with a small group to decide what they would do in case of a bullying situation.
- Provide in a teen issues class or when discussing peer relationships in health
- Form a peer counseling group and have them run the seminar with classmates
- Heed the warning at the beginning of the lesson plan, and be sure to follow up with the school counselor if learners discuss issues that should be reported
- Provides accommodation and modification suggestions
- Focuses on kindness and assertively standing up for people
- Scenarios are thought provoking