This Westward Expansion unit plan also includes:
- Step Sheet: Creating a Data Table
- Sample: Spreadsheet for Recording Data
- StepSheet: Formatting an Outline in Microsoft Word
- Step Sheet: Using PowerPoint to Create a Video Storyboard
- Sample PowerPoint Video Storyboard
- Handout: Westward Expansion Video and Research Guide
- Group Research and Video Development, Group Video, and Individual Participation Rubrics
- Join to access all included materials
Grab the popcorn and take a seat for a Hollywood premier! Eighth graders grasp the concepts behind Westward Expansion and create engaging videos by working through a set of 18 engaging tasks. They also hone their technology, social studies, and public speaking skills, making the lesson adaptable for cross-curricular instruction.
- Differentiate this lesson for GATE learners by asking them to storyboard an epilogue of how their assigned event affects American culture today
- Make sure each pupil has available materials about Westward Expansion from textbooks, suggested Internet sites, etc.
- Ensure that there is adequate editing software and computer hardware for young scholars
- Resource provides all supporting materials, including example videos
- The lesson plan also offers tips for differentiating learning