This Was It Better to Be an Athenian or a Spartan? unit also includes:
Athens and Sparta were two great civilizations that arose out of ancient Greece. Using role plays, readings with discussion questions and graphic organizers, and a structured debate, learners consider whether it would have been better to be a citizen of Sparta or Athens. Extension activities allow for interdisciplinary instruction in math, science, and ELA.
- Use activities, including graphic organizers, to prepare for a class debate or persuasive essay
- Debate which society was best—Athens or Sparta
- Unit plan is third of six resources in the Ancient Civilizations of Egypt, Greece, and Rome series
- Dramatic readings engage learner interest
- Graphic organizers and comprehension activities make scaffolding easy