Here's a solid resource for solids of revolution. Volumes of solids of revolution with a line of rotation other than the x- or y-axis give learners a difficult time. An AP® Calculus curriculum module provides instructors with four examples on how to teach the difficult concept.
- Use the resource and worksheets as part of an intervention session
- Scholars should already be familiar with solids of revolution about the x- or y-axis
- Note that the resource uses two integrals for each volume problem rather than the one integral used in the washer method
- Includes a few practice problems for pupils to consider
- Color coding helps visualize connections between graphical and symbolic representations