This Visualizing Rotations lesson plan also includes:
Have classes been going in circles as they study rotations! Math scholars begin with an exploration of rotations using patty paper. As they progress through the lesson, they examine compositions of reflections and their resulting image. This is the fourth installment in this series of geometric transformations lessons.
- As review of the first four lessons in the series, have pupils create a graphic organizer displaying the different types of transformations, correct notation, and important vocabulary
- Expects an ability to measure angles
- Includes a link to an applet that requires Internet access
- Lesson begins with basic 90-, 180-, and 270-degree rotations and then adds a 60-degree rotation
- Designed in a manner to allow individuals to make their own observations and conclusions about rotations