This Vertical Angles Proof Samples activity & project also includes:
This visual, manipulative-based format for teaching geometric proofs nicely scafolds learners' development of mathematical reasoning and proof skills. This sample represents a proof of the congruence of vertical angles in four formats; visually using manipulatives, paragraph, two column, and proof blocks.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses manipulatives to approach geometric proofs visually
- Visually helps learners organize their thinking around the concept of proof and it leads nicely into two-column proofs
- More manipulatives, called proof blocks, are located at www.proofblocks.com
- This proof sample includes very little student practice, but there is a link at the bottom of the page that takes you to the Proofblocks website which has more resources