The Internet is the host of a wealth information—good and bad—and it takes practice to know which sites offer the most credible material. Here, scholars explore a variety of news sources to discover valuable information on topics such as elections, Congress, the US Constitution, and more!
- Post discussion questions on a classroom blog; direct learners to reply to at least one classmate after they answer all questions
- Create a document learners can take notes on while they search for information
- Send the link home with pupils to continue the learning experience; invite them to share the sites they visit with their family members
- The lesson requires a computer or mobile learning device for each pupil, or pair
- The resource is the third of five lesson plans in a series that encourages active citizenship
- Brings awareness to smart internet searching
- Provides detailed lesson directions and script