Can you boil the historical, cultural, and political events and movements from the last 150 years into a descriptive study guide? You don't have to—it's right here! A thorough resource includes informative text, discussion questions, writing prompts, and multiple choice questions focused on several key concepts from American history.
- Use the resource as a guide to your curriculum planning for the year
- Distribute link to incoming AP US History students with specific instructions for what they should accomplish from the packet over the summer
- Based on specific educational requirements from the state of Florida, but applicable to the curriculum design of any state
- Period of time that the resource covers ends just after September 11, 2001; consider augmenting with more current events
- Some extension links don't work, but are easily replaced with other articles or activities
- Includes events from literature, science, politics, and economics in each section of the timeline
- Promotes critical thinking and close reading with informational text