This Urban Trees lesson plan also includes:
If a tree falls in an urban area, does anyone realize the implications? A comprehensive lesson begins by exploring the important role trees play in the urban environment. It continues with an examination of the dangers tree populations face in these areas. Scholars use this information to analyze local conservation efforts and critique their effectiveness.
- Brainstorm a list of benefits of trees as a lesson opener
- Pupils should have a basic understanding of plant biology
- Requires a specific set of materials ready prior to the lesson
- Lesson guide provides links to all necessary resources
- Includes strategies for pupils to create a personal connection with the concept