This Unlocking Words with Context Clues lesson plan also includes:
Solve the mystery of the missing word with a lesson on context clues. Elementary readers apply their knowledge of word meanings to informational text with unfamiliar words. They determine definitions using context clues and discuss how they solved each one.
- Apply the activity to other types of text, including literature, poetry, and procedural instructions
- Use as a whole class or in individual reading groups
- Lesson may require modeling before learners go into their groups
- Applicable lesson for readers of all levels
- Attachments and additional materials make great supplements to the lesson