This United States Symbols lesson plan also includes:
Why is the bald eagle the national bird of the United States? Who built the Statue of Liberty? Where did the stars and stripes on the American flag come from? Elementary learners research prominent American symbols in a social studies activity.
51 Views 38 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use as a cross-curricular assignment between social studies and language arts
- In a world history unit, have learners research symbols and traditions from a different country
- Requires access to the Internet for student research
- Prompts pupils to use inquiry-based practices in their research projects
- Connects to Common Core standards for reading informational text