This Unit 8 Review Packet: Polar Coordinates, Polar Graphs, and Vectors worksheet also includes:
Tying together an introductory unit on polar coordinates, graphs, and vectors is often a daunting task. So many nuanced math skills develop through these lessons that making sure an assessment hits them is difficult, to say the least. However, this review packet and attached answer key fit the bill nicely. Weaving together polar form, graphs, vector properties, and much more, the problems here range from skill practice to longer-form analysis and answer. A great resource to have on hand, even if just to pull extra examples and problems while teaching.
- Comprehensive in-class assignment for a flipped classroom model, where videos and research is done on the topic before class time
- Great review assignment or substitute lesson plan following the introduction of polar coordinates, polar graphs, and vectors
- Useful as an extended assessment, either take-home or in-class
- Answer key for main resource packet available under included materials
- Handwritten pencil answer key might not stay readable with repeated copying
- Directionally challenged learners might need a compass drawing provided for vector problems
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Comprehensive review with several problems for each topic
- Problems build in complexity without depending on earlier correct answers to complete later problems
- Space provided throughout packet for showing adequate work
- Several minor typos in resource, corrected in answer key. For example, number 29 should read N25E at the end of the second sentence and the last word in number 34 is sled, not sledge.