Who were the writers of the American Romantic period? What inspired them? What themes did these writers address? How does romanticism differ from transcendentalism? Such are the questions addressed by this six week American Literature unit that asks class members to use all sorts of technology to find information and publish the results of the research.
- Create a digital library of presentations to use as models for succeeding years
- The unit requires considerable preparation time to create the timeline and to locate images of American life
- The technology-infused unit requires Internet access to interactive poster programs, websites, and apps like Google Earth
- While the unit is rich in technology integration, the curriculum is fairly traditional
- The nine-page unit plan includes lesson plans, links to resources, and project suggestions