Take your students on a mathematical adventure with this entertaining yet educational video game. Perfect for developing children's fluency with the four basic operations, this is a must-have resource for upper-elementary teachers.
Taking them into a magical word of numbers hidden deep inside calculators, this story-based game is so much fun that children won't even realize they are improving their math and problem solving skills.
- Includes five chapters, each containing 10 different levels
- Simple left, right, and jump commands navigate the character through each level
- Start as the number 12, collecting other numbers along the way that can change the character's value through addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Turn into specific numbers in order to open gates and complete each level
- Unlock special powers like swimming, jumping high, climbing, and teleporting by becoming numbers that contain specific digits
- Replay levels to try and achieve better scores
- Adjust volume of the narrator, sound effects, and music
- View general information about the app
- See a list of your achievements within the game (37 total)
- Challenge friends to beat your scores or accomplish the same achievements as you
Only one user account is available on a single device.
How techie do I need to be?
- Offer this app as a math learning center in the upper-elementary or middle school grade levels
- Create a series of worksheets that supports learners with completing each level of the game
- With younger learners, allow them to work in pairs solving the problems and completing the game
- Children must be familiar with basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of both positive and negative numbers in order to finish all levels of the game
- Graphics, background music, and sound effects engage young learners
- A narrator guides players through each level of the game
- A Rewind button lets users go back and correct any mistakes they make
- Help is available at any point in the game by selecting the Hint button
- Only one user account can be set up on a single device