This Triangles and Midpoints assessment also includes:
Here are two tasks for a three-sided figure. Scholars complete some problems given a triangle. The first is to show that a quadrilateral drawn with midsegments of the triangle is a parallelogram. The second is to find the perimeter of the triangle formed from the midsegments.
- Apply the worksheet as part of a unit assessment
- An understanding of the properties of parallelograms is necessary
- Learners should have knowledge of proof techniques
- Provides some instructional implications for several misconceptions
- Worksheet includes a diagram of the triangle, making it easy to interpret the tasks
- PDF version of the rubric has sample responses that are illegible