This Triangle Classification lesson plan also includes:
Oh triangle, where are the points that will make your type? Given a line segment, pairs determine the location of a third point to create the six different types of triangles. The teacher provides a jumping off point by leading a discussion on creating right triangles. With the online activity, pupils trace a locus of points that create specific types of triangles.
- Have the class discuss where on the perpendicular bisector to place a point to create an obtuse, right, acute, and equilateral triangle
- Require class members to provide a justification for each region of points and the type of triangle formed
- The class should have an understanding of properties of triangles
- Provides a key to the handout
- Contains reflections questions for both the class and the teacher