This Transformers Part 1 - Absolute Value and Quadratic Functions lesson plan also includes:
Transform your instruction with an exploratory lesson! Young scholars manipulate absolute value and quadratic functions to look for transformation patterns. They use the patterns to write general rules of transformations.
6 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a graphic organizer to record examples of each transformation rule with examples
- Expects a solid understanding of the key features of both absolute value and quadratic functions
- Pupils require graphing calculators to complete the activity
- The first of a two-part lesson.
- Allows individuals to explore and make conclusions independently
- Includes an option for assessment following the lesson