What tools do environmental scientists use? Learners gain insight into how researchers use the scientific method in environmental science, as well as how scientists' values affect environmental decision making. Using a PowerPoint, pupils explore the importance of the different types of models used in environmental science and hear real-world examples of each.
- Introduce the scientific method as it relates to environmental science
- Have small groups add descriptions of each type of model used in environmental science to a class poster
- Lead a discussion on values and their impacts on environmental decision making
- Part two in an 11-installment Environmental Science series
- Works in a series or as a standalone resource
- Content is relevant to other science disciplines
- Contains some variation in instructional strategy