This Thermochemical Calculations presentation also includes:
Viewers learn where the heat goes when phase changes take place with a presentation that explains the latent heat of phase changes, or, more specifically, the molar heat of fusion, solidification, vaporization, and condensation. The show ends with a mathematical problem asking scholars to find the amount of energy needed to complete a phase change.
- Make copies of the first slide for your classes to use as formula and constant references
- Use a lab investigation to reinforce the concept of specific heat
- Expects an understanding of dimensional analysis
- The second lesson in a four-part series
- Begins with review of the previous lesson's material specifically related to the new lesson
- Visuals add emphasis and further explanation to the key concepts on each slide