This There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch lesson plan also includes:
Although mosquitoes are prey to millions of animals, they are also a deadly predator to humans. Through a simulation game, groups of learners explore predator-prey relationships. Over rounds, data is collected and used to create graphs that are then analyzed.
- Activity best fits in a unit on relationships among organisms in an ecosystem
- Game board referred to in the lesson is available upon request
- Put learners in groups ahead of class, 12 per group maximum
- The second in a series of 13 related resources
- Activity provides student data sheets, cards, game directions, overhead copies, and assessment rubric
- Groups not only play the game but analyze their results and discuss