This The Winter Room: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
An anagram is a word that's formed by rearranging the letters of another word, so listen might become silent. Scholars practice decoding anagrams with the novel study for Gary Paulsen's The Winter Room. They also put words in alphabetical order, write similes, and find examples of homonyms. As a culminating activity, they complete a storyboard illustrating the events described in the first chapter.
- Have individuals research Minnesota farm life as preparation for reading the novel
- Contains only a preview (chapter one) of the full novel study
- Students may need dictionaries for a fill-in-the-blank exercise
- Integrates vocabulary, writing, comprehension, and language skills
- Provides a checklist for learners to track grades and assignments