This The War video also includes:
Can simple kindness stop bullying? Discussion groups view a segment of the film The War, then examine the potential benefits of being kind to bullies rather than fighting back. The 16th lesson in a series of 17 encourages pupils to be open to the views of others while confronting a bully using non-violent actions.
- Ask your fellow teachers if they have ever used kindness to diffuse a situation in their professional or personal lives, then have one or two talk about what happened with your group
- Have discussion groups come up with examples of bullying situations they could diffuse using an act of kindness
- The main character gets beaten up at the beginning of the clip; it might be a good idea to discuss the lesson with an administrator before conducting it
- Presents a difficult yet effective way to turn around a tough situation in a format that learners can understand
- The content itself makes for great discussion and debate within your class