This The Value of a Dollar lesson plan also includes:
A dollar just cannot buy what it used to! Young scholars investigate inflation by researching and graphing data. By tracking the price of different consumables over a century, they create a visual representation of inflation over that time.
5 Views 4 Downloads
- Extend the activity to create a double line graph by adding the inflation of a foreign currency
- Introduce the lesson by tracking the value over time of a common commodity such as a gallon of milk
- Pupils require Internet access to complete the activity
- Requires learners to use their analysis to make a conclusion
- Includes an option for assessment