Before you begin reading The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi, review this reference sheet that includes a wealth of information regarding organizational pattern, theme, setting, foreshadowing, point of view, tone, irony, vocabulary, relation to pupils, background knowledge, central questions, and research projects ideas.
- Share with your grade-level team and discuss the starting points of your novel unit
- Hand a copy to each scholar, and remind them to keep it in an easily accessible location so they can reference it throughout the reading
- Allow learners to choose from the list of research projects to complete as a during, or post reading activity
- Spoiler alert; the document shares detailed information about the novel
- This reference sheet was created by a student teacher as part of a novel study unit for The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
- Student teacher's professor and observational school is referenced in the text
- Information and research projects are written in detail