This The Trial of Hamlet lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Hamlet, that is not a rat behind the curtain, it is Polonius, and now you’re on trial for his murder. Class members practice and develop close reading skills, discover how a trial works, get the involved in the trial as the judge, witnesses, and prosecution or defense attorneys, and develop analyses and arguments bases on the text.
- Use the results of the trial to develop writing prompts, or to supply textual evidence that the writers can use for a literary analysis
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Criteria are included for how to assess the groups.
- The resource presumes class members are familiar with courtroom procedures