This The Sun Lab Interactive interactive also includes:
Turn up the heat in your Earth Science class! Solar scholars examine the characteristics scientists use to predict solar weather through an interactive lesson. Users read background information and make guided observations, then participate in a lab to test their prediction skills.
- Include the interactive in a unit about the sun
- Ask individuals to record their responses on paper as they work, or discuss the results as a class after everyone has finished
- If your class doesn't have much prior knowledge of the sun, plan to have them complete the Sun 101 interactive before beginning
- Have pupils create a free NOVA account to access their online community
- Easy-to-use controls allows learners to zoom in or out on images as they make their observations
- The resource uses the same data and methods used by NASA for a realistic experience