This The Summer Seven! activity & project also includes:
They're the two words that teachers love and parents fear: summer break! But having three months away from school doesn't have to be scary or result in brain drain. A set of seven activities (plus one bonus list) sets elementary learners up with the practice and engagement they'll need to keep their skills fresh for the new school year.
- Send the link home to parents in an end-of-the-year email
- Check with your local library to see if they have reading lists for different levels
- Though the activities are designed for gifted and talented students, they are applicable to learners of any skill level
- Several of the activities require access to the Internet
- Includes ways to differentiate activities by age, interest, and skill
- Accesses a variety of subjects, including reading, vocabulary, coding, history, math, and art