Parents may seem especially stressed around tax time, but learners may not realize this civic duty has a long history connected to the nation's founding. Scholars trace the history of taxes in our country, from the American Revolution up through the present day, in an informative video resource. Discussion questions help sort out the big ideas behind taxes.
- Use the discussion questions and video to discuss the role taxes play in American society
- Extend the lesson by having pupils research specifics on what taxes go to paying for public services
- Video script makes references to tax day being imminent
- Discussion questions connect history to current tax situation
- Students do not need an extensive historical background to use the video