Martin Luther King Jr. Day isn't just about remembering the history of the Civil Rights movement. It is also about teaching the value of service, using King's life as a model. A video resource traces King's life and legacy, while questions help pupils unpack the issues around the Civil Rights movement.
- Extend the lesson by asking learners to identify a service project to do on Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Use discussion questions along with the video to talk about King's biography and legacy
- While the video was designed to be shown around the holiday, the biography could be used in a variety of classroom settings
- Video challenges viewers to consider how they can integrate service into their lives
- Clips of King allow individuals to hear King's voice, giving them a deeper connection to the material