This “The Sky is Falling!" lesson plan also includes:
What is the probability a meteorite strikes land when it hits Earth? Your classes use an experimental lesson to collect data and calculate an experimental probability. Using the area of land versus water on Earth, they adjust their calculations to reflect the theoretical probability.
- Ask pupils to make a sketch representing the ratio of land to water on Earth
- Requires measuring tools to complete the lesson
- Expects previous experience calculating probabilities
- Provides options for extension
- Allows groups to create their own experimental designs