This The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: Oppressors or Great Leaders? unit also includes:
While the ancient Egyptian pharaohs were tyrants by today's standards, they had reasons for how they used authority. Using primary sources, charts, readings and other forms of analysis, pupils examine why ancient Egypt used strong-arm tactics to rule. Scholars then consider the questions: Why is order and stability important? At what cost should it be preserved?
- Use charts and primary source images to evaluate why the Egyptian pharaohs often engaged in oppressive tactics
- Have learners practice their argumentation skills using the essay prompt
- Resource is first in Ancient Civilizations of Egypt, Greece, and Rome six-part series
- Resource solidly connects learning about ancient past to contemporary issues
- Worksheets and other activities are ready to use in class