What is a mole? Introduce learners to the concept of the mole with a presentation that is a part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. Scholars discuss examples of how the mole is used in real-life applications. Then, they identify how it is used in chemistry before they work through practice problems using Avogadro's number.
- Have pupils research and identify different ways the mole is important in real-life applications
- Complete an activity where learners use a new measurement to determine the mass of different groups of objects
- Presentations work together or as standalone resources
- Uses humor to engage learners
- Includes practice problems to support learning