This The Matter of the Philippines lesson plan also includes:
The United States won the Spanish-American War, so now what? Young scholars act as advisors to President McKinley and use primary sources to recommend what America should do with its territories. Using a variety of perspectives—including economic, political, and moral—learners take on a variety of perspectives to examine this thorny period in American history.
- Use primary source documents to practice analytical skills
- Create a discussion based off the role-playing activity included in the resource
- Resource is third in a four-part series, "The Birth of an American Empire"
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- By employing perspectives, resource builds analysis skills
- Role-playing activity is engaging