This The Lowdown — Life Expectancy: Finding Ratio Relationships interactive also includes:
Your health might very well be affected by where you live. Scholars investigate life expectancy, obesity, hypertension, and physical activity rates using one installment of the Math at the Core MS: ratios series. They work in an interactive to compare these rates in different regions in the US across different decades.
- Collaborate with a health teacher for the lesson
- Knowledge of ratios and rates is a prerequisite
- Groups must have computers with Internet access to use the interactive
- Provides handouts for the lesson
- Includes a possible extension activity