This The Key Holder (Tahilwidar) Tradition in Afghanistan lesson plan also includes:
The fifth in a series of six lessons focusing on Afghan history and art Here's the amazing story of the Tahilwidar, or Key Holder Tradition in Afghanistan. Class groups are assigned roles and then act out the process, developed to keep safe precious objects of Afghan art.
- The June, 2008 National Geographic features an article on and photographs of Afghanistan's Hidden Treasures
- The role-play offers participants to experience the process first hand
- The activity offers a different perspective of Afghan history and culture
- All required materials, including a script for the activity, are included
- A link to images of artistic treasures is included