This The Influence of the Crusades lesson plan also includes:
Although the Crusades were a series of religious-based wars, many new ideas and products resulted from the travels by the armies. High schoolers research these ideas and materials from the Middle East that were introduced to Europe by returning Crusaders and craft a persuasive essay about the impact of these new concepts and goods.
- Coordinate the lesson with the librarian who can provide suggestions for where to find reference materials
- Comes with a warning that the material may be culturally insensitive since the Crusades were a religious-based war
- Writers should have experience crafting persuasive essays
- The focus is on the positive effects of the new ideas and products spread by the Crusades
- Instructors must provide a rubric