This The Indian Removal Act: Was it Constitutional? lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Pairs conduct an Internet search for a series of primary and secondary sources pertaining to the forced removal of the Cherokee Nation from Georgia. Armed with information gathered, teams then debate whether the Indian Removal Act was justified and if it was constitutional.
- A series of carefully scaffolded activities precede the debate
- Accommodations are included for all learners
- Links to research sites included
- Research portion requires Internet access for all teams