The mythical story of Shennong, the Chinese inventor of agriculture, introduces a video that traces the history of tea, the various methods of brewing, and the wars sparked by the attempts to prevent the spread of tea growing.
11 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research and conduct a variety of tea ceremonies
- Flip the lesson; ask class members to view the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links out of class before returning for a whole class discussion
- Include the video in a unit on the Opium Wars or the history of China
- The video does not explain why tea is so popular
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to articles that permit viewers to research the topic in greater depth, and a discussion question