The mythical story of Shennong, the Chinese inventor of agriculture, introduces a video that traces the history of tea, the various methods of brewing, and the wars sparked by the attempts to prevent the spread of tea growing.
13 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research and conduct a variety of tea ceremonies
- Flip the lesson; ask class members to view the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links out of class before returning for a whole class discussion
- Include the video in a unit on the Opium Wars or the history of China
- The video does not explain why tea is so popular
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to articles that permit viewers to research the topic in greater depth, and a discussion question