The Great Depression was the devastating result of a world-wide financial meltdown. From the causes of the crisis to its effects in the Hoovervilles and Dust Bowl, a PowerPoint presentation takes viewers through the story of the Depression. Using text and visual images, pupils consider what led up to the catastrophe and its effects.
- Set up a self-guided reading of the PowerPoint with comprehension questions
- Use PowerPoint direct instruction to assist with discussion of the Great Depression
- Requires computer access to view or classroom equipment to display the presentation
- Photos and images are intriguing
- Presents information in a way that allows for easy note taking
- PowerPoint includes typos
- Does not address key content, such as the court-packing scheme