This The Great Calculus Caper activity & project also includes:
Motivate your classes with a unique approach to presenting problems. With this "caper," pupils must solve AP Calculus problems to eliminate suspects and determine the perpetrator. Topics range from velocity to trapezoid rule to volume of revolving solid.
- Present the lesson as a challenge to small groups or pairs to see who can solve the mystery first
- Use as a cumulative assessment
- Instructions are a little wordy; consider cutting them down if you are passing out the resource as a packet
- The presentation of the problems has a motivational tone
- Lesson is fun and engaging for all learners
- Key is not provided