Knowledge of definite integrals is fundamental to the understanding of calculus. Instructors of an AP® Calculus course consult a comprehensive guide to the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. The document provides teaching suggestions and analysis for several different stages of instruction on this topic, from understanding the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and function defined by integrals to proving conjectures and looking at more advanced examples.
- Set up a professional development session with other AP® Calculus teachers
- Use the resource to help develop a unit on the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- Learners should have expertise with the definite integral
- Includes worksheets with answers and commentary
- Tables and graphs look professional and easy to interpret