Over the past two decades, the federal government has shut down at least four times. Pupils may have a tough time understanding the significance of these events without appropriate background. A graphic resource traces the budget development and approval process to show how elected officials use tax money to fund federal programs.
- Use in tandem with news coverage of the federal budget process to enhance understanding
- Ask learners to research one item funded by the federal government and report on its significance
- Part of a series from the federal government on how it works
- Resource is easy to understand at a various reading levels
- Easy to integrate the flow chart into a variety of lesson plans