This “The *Distance* Less Traveled lesson plan also includes:
Use geometry to find your way from point A to point B! Learners work to build the Law of Cosines using a conceptual exercise. They use their knowledge of Law of Sines and a map triangulation activity to write their own equations for the Law of Cosines.
- To increase motivation, modify the lesson to use a location familiar to your classes
- Create a treasure hunt that requires pupils to use triangulation to locate
- Requires proficiency with the Law of Sines prior to the activity
- A well-designed activity that allows scholars to take on the role of the mathematician
- Provides notes to anticipate points of difficulty
- Includes a broken link in the presentation on slide three