This The Declaration of Independence worksheet also includes:
Guide teenagers through a study of the Declaration of Independence. Learners read the document, keeping a guiding question in mind as they examine this primary source. They then respond to three questions relating to the text and the US's national identity.
- Read and mark the text together as a class
- Use the discussion questions to prompt discussion, as essay questions, or in another context of your choosing
- The questions are simply listed on the page, so you may wish to prompt learners to use a separate sheet of paper or create your own accompanying worksheet
- Provides a typed-out copy of the entire text
- Discussion questions require higher-level thinking