This The Atmosphere: the Ocean of Air above Us worksheet also includes:
Like a breath of fresh air, a good reading comprehension activity can be refreshing. Learn about Earth's atmosphere with a short passage about the different layers and gases in the atmosphere, and about the implications of air pollution. The resource also includes comprehension questions.
- Encourage learners to conduct more research on the atmosphere, including the ozone layer and the effects of pollution
- Assign the reading as homework for extra practice
- Use as a language arts and earth science interdisciplinary assignment
- There are lines for readers to indicate their confidence in each answer; while it might be helpful for some learners, the line could be distracting or frustrating for others
- A good way to combine reading and science in one activity
- Provides a helpful diagram of the atmosphere's layers for reference